Who Must File a Return

The following table shows the IRS requirements for filing tax returns in 2007, according to age, marital status, and gross income.

Taxpayer Bill of Rights Passed

If your filing status is: Age at end of 2016 Gross income at least
Single Under 65
65 or older
Married filing jointly Under 65 (both spouses)
65 or older (one spouse)
65 or older (both spouses)
Married filing separately Any age $4,050
Head of household Under 65
65 or older
Qualifying widow(er) with dependent child Under 65
65 or older
Source: Internal Revenue Service. Web:

Free Tax Consultation

First Name*:

Last Name*:

I owe taxes in the amount of*:

I can be reached by phone at *:

I can also be reached by email at*:

Here are four(4) versions of the US individual Income Tax Return From 1040:


The simplest form, for those under age 65 with no dependents, no itemized deductions, no more than $1500 of taxable interest income, no advance earned income tax credit (EITC), and taxable income from line six of less than $50,000. There are a few other caveats so be sure to read the instructions with the form to make sure you qualify to use it.


Only slightly more difficult to complete than the 1040EZ. You can use this form if you don’t itemize deductions, your taxable income on line 27 is less than $50,000, you claim only certain tax credits (see the form for details), and you had income only from the following sources: wages, salaries, and tips; interest and ordinary dividends; capital gains; taxable scholarship and fellowship grants; pensions, annuities, and IRAs; unemployment compensation; taxable social security or Alaska permanent fund dividends. That’s everyone right? Not quite.

Form 1040(the long one):

If you don’t qualify to use the 1040A you’re stuck with the big boy. Don’t worry though, you’re in good company. Nearly 3/4 of all taxpayers use this form. There are a number of special circumstances that require you to use the long form, so be sure to read the instructions.

Form 1040PC:

A special version of your tax return that can be generated by income tax preparation software like TurboTax or TaxBrain. It will look like gibberish to you but the IRS computers will be able to translate it into meaningful information and it’s much shorter than a regular 1040.

We File Individual Returns

  • A
  • B
  • C
  • D
  • E
  • F
  • H
  • J
  • M
  • R
  • SE
  • 1040A
  • 1040EZ
  • 1040
  • 1040EZ-T
  • 1040NR
  • 1040X
  • 1040NR-EZ

What Clients Say

The team has provided tax help to me and my company
from an early stage of our development.

The support provided has been excellent, with rapid
and accurate processing of our complex issues.

I have been using thieir tax help office for years now.
They are really a standout amidst other offices.

/* Max Mega Menu * Unhide mobile menu */ jQuery(document).ready(function($) { $('.mega-menu').parents().show(); $(window).on('resize', function(){ $('.mega-menu').parents().show(); }); });